Meet Marissa! She is a 40-year-old full-time wife, part-time mom and some-time student. She’s been at Ardent for 18 months and is a regular at the 5:30 AM class. Her favorite wod is a triplet with running. Say hi and introduce yourself if you don’t know Marissa the next time you are at Ardent! 🧡
1. Why did you join Ardent? I wanted to be the fittest on earth. Ask Adam – on day 2 of Crossfit at Ardent, he asked me that question and that was my response. I’m petty realistic.
2. What’s been your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment is getting Aaron to join me at the 5:30 am class.
3. What are you working on now? While doing at home work outs, my daughter has been joining me, and if I can beat her I feel pretty good about myself.
4. What’s your favorite Ardent memory? My favorite moment at Ardent was when a drop in athlete walked in and started talking to me and asking me questions because he thought I was the coach. Also, anytime I can get Sean to laugh.
5. What motivates you to continue at Ardent? Results motivate me to continue at Ardent. Two things I know, I need movement and community and Ardent does an excellent job of providing the best version of both.
6. What would you tell your pre-Ardent self about starting CrossFit if you could go back in time? We were in New Jersey just 18 months ago, and I would love to tell myself “when you move, you will get to go to a Crossfit gym”. It is a dream come true! I am beyond grateful that I get to be a part of Ardent.
7. What are your favorite hobbies outside of CrossFit? I am currently getting my masters degree in Nutrition Education if you’d like to call that a hobby, and when I am avoiding doing my assignments I love to sew quilts, read and mountain bike ..if the conditions are optimal.