Meet one of our awesome teen athletes, Katharine! She joined ardent back in August of 2019 and is currently a homeschooled high school junior. She often goes to the 11:30am and 4:30pm classes. Her favorite movements are squats and biking. Outside of the gym she enjoys painting and spending time with family. If you see Katharine around Ardent, make sure to say hi!
1. Why did you join Ardent? I joined August 2019.
2. What’s been your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment is coming to Ardent in the first place! I had never done CrossFit before and it was completely new to me.
3. What are you working on now? I’m a high school junior so I’m focusing on my grades and preparing for college.
4. What’s your favorite Ardent memory? My first WOD, it was a 21-15-9 with the assault bike but I went out way to hot and felt like I was going to pass out!
5. What motivates you to continue at Ardent? Seeing improvement in not only my physical endurance but my mental endurance and being able to handle more than I could a few months ago.
6. As a Teen Athlete, how do you approach every work? Honestly I get really anxious and hope I’m not last to finish.
7. What would you tell your pre-Ardent self about starting CrossFit if you could go back in time? I would say not to be so intimidated by starting something new and to have fun with it.
8. What are your favorite hobbies outside of CrossFit? Outside of Ardent Crossfit, I enjoy painting, playing Mario cart with my family, and hanging out with friends.