Meet Katie! She is an 42 year old Air Force wife and mother of 6. Her kids range from almost 16 to almost 1. Katie officially started CrossFit 3 1/2 years ago when she moved to Hawaii and she instantly knew she’d “found my jam”! Katie’s favorite movements are “Squat Cleans and Ring Muscle ups…even though I’m not that good at them”. She also enjoys long cardio wods. When she isn’t at the Ardent working out, Katie enjoys being with her family, going to Costco and baking.
1. Why did you join Ardent? I dropped in at a few different boxes when I first moved here to find the right fit. I was drawn to Ardent immediately by the warm welcome I received. People were friendly and positive and I was impressed by the quality of coaching. I also appreciated that the business side was run in such a professional and organized manner.
2. What’s been your biggest accomplishment? During this last Open I finished 267th in the world in my age group at 5/6 months postpartum.
3. What are you working on now? Lots of things I want to work on but trying to find extra time in the gym is difficult. I really want to improve my gymnastics skills and my jerks specifically.
4. What’s your favorite Ardent memory? Participating in the Open with my new Ardent family! I loved watching everyone push harder and accomplish things they didn’t think they could. It helped me break the ice and feel more at home here.
5. What motivates you to continue at Ardent? Seeing my progress since coming back after having a baby and being surrounded by some amazingly strong ladies that inspire and push me to work harder and be better!
6. What would you tell your pre-Ardent self about starting CrossFit if you could go back in time? To stop being so hard on myself and appreciate what my body can do. I have to retell myself this often, haha!
7. What are your favorite hobbies outside of CrossFit? Does sleeping count?! I love baking treats and decorating (and eating) cakes. I also love spending time with my family playing games and watching movies.