Meet Tim! He is a 27 year old Program Manager for GSA. Tim started crossfit with Ardent in 2015. Favorite movements are cleans and snatches. Tim bounces around classes around his work schedule but mostly comes to 9:30am and 3:30pm. When not at the gym, Tim is working on the house, spending time with family, or at a rehearsal somewhere.
1. Why did you join Ardent? I had just graduated college and my girlfriend, now wife, was already a member. I already knew after graduating I needed to find something to stay active.
2. What’s been your biggest accomplishment? We got married in 2015 and I weighed in at 215 and really was not in shape. For so long I was worried about the scale and getting it to read 190 or 180. I did reach that 190 and have maintained it. The true accomplishment is realizing its not about what the scale reads but how I move, lift, and feel. That realization has been the best accomplishment.
3. What are you working on now? Well under the circumstances, quarantined with an 18m old where my wife and I both work, I am just trying to MOVE and not get lazy.
4. What’s your favorite Ardent memory? The workout before my wife’s water broke. It was August 22, 2018 at the 3:30pm or 4:30pm class that we did a million squats. Kasey and almost everyone else well like, “whelp this is gonna do it!” Shayna’s water broke that night and Everleigh was born on the 23rd.
5. What motivates you to continue at Ardent? My motivation is to continue working on quality over quantity. Reminding myself of that keeps me pushing hard.
6. What would you tell your pre-Ardent self about starting CrossFit if you could go back in time? Hit the ground running sooner. I was hesitant starting crossfit and that even followed me for like a year before I got serious about it.
7. What are your favorite hobbies outside of CrossFit? I majored in Music and Arts Management. So I sing in a few choirs throughout the year. I also try to play golf and a huge Pittsburgh sports fan.