It’s your first competition and you don’t know what to expect? Maybe you’ve done one in the past and it could have been more enjoyable. With SuperFit coming up this weekend, here are a couple things to make it a good experience.
First and foremost, you have to have fun. Whether you have dreams of being on the podium or not, it will not be a good experience if you get too caught up in the competition part of it and forget that it is supposed to be fun. Second, don’t get wrapped up in what place you end up. At the end of the day, remember that you are still fitter than 95% of America that isn’t giving up their weekend to suffer…for fun…with a friend. Third, have a game plan. Do talk to your partner and discuss how you plan to break things up. Practice it if you have time but if not, at least come in with a game plan. If you have to change it up on game day then so be it but at least you have a starting point. Lastly, here is a list of at least a few items that you may want to bring with you.
1) All the shoes, wraps, grips, special amulets, lucky bunnies feet, etc. that you need for the actual workouts.
2) Bring an extra change of gym clothes so that if you get really sweaty, you don’t have to sit in it the rest of the day. Chafing is bad.
3) Bring something comfy to change in to so you can drive home/be seen in public, just in case 5 guys is really calling your name on the way home.
4) Speaking of food, SuperFit won’t let you bring coolers OR food and drink in from the outside. It’s actually the convention center’s rules so bring snacks that are easily hidden in your gym bag 🙂 Everyone does it, just don’t get caught on the way in.
5) Any mobility tools that you usually use, bring them. They do have a small warm up area but it’s crowded and there are no foam rollers, lacrosse balls, or PVC pipes for you to use.
6) You know what beats sitting on the cold hard concrete floor? Sitting in a nice comfy folding chair! If you have one, it’s worth bringing.
Hopefully this helps a little and if you need any advice the day of, there should be plenty of your Ardent coaches and other members around to answer your questions so please ask. Have a fun and enjoyable competition experience, and “may the odds be ever in your favor.”
To be discussed in class
Russian Kettlebell Swings (70/53)
10 Meter Shuttle Sprint